One of my 360 photos was published in a calendar! =D It was taken at Los Angeles International Airport with a Ricoh Theta S (reviewed here). Here is a small edited version of the photo:
The Insta360 Nano is a 360-degree camera for the iPhone. I got my order on launch day July 18 and have been testing it in "real world" conditions. Here is a review. The review will cover the following topics. 1. Background 2. What's in the box* 3. Description / Parts* 4. Phone compatibility* 5. Using the Nano 6. Accessories 7. Viewing Photos and Videos 8. Editing Photos and Videos 9. Sharing Photos and Videos 10. Image Quality 11. Livestream 12. Pros and Cons; Summary; comparison with other cameras *These parts are identical to those in my preliminary review, so feel free to jump ahead if you've already read that. Camera firmware version: v1.43_0160 App version: 1.2.0 BACKGROUND Ever since I broke the news about the Insta360 Nano in March , I had been very interested in the Insta360 Nano, much more than its big brother, the Insta360 4k . In my opinion, a 360-degree camera has to be portable, easy to use and affordable, in order for it to be adopted by the masses. ...
Z Cam is the latest company to join Google's recently announced VR180 program . Z Cam also showed their VR180 camera called 3D180. Z Cam Founder and Chairman Jason Zhang had this to say: "Z CAM is very well positioned in the VR180 camera market. Our solution's precise synchronization coupled with excellent calibration of the footage delivers amazing immersive experience to viewers. I am very excited that the VR180 era has finally come and we are very committed to entering this market." Z Cam CEO Kinson Loo added, "We are glad to be part of the program and expand our cooperation with Google. VR180 will open up a lot of interesting content opportunities and Z CAM's excellent image quality and ease of use will accelerate market growth. Seeing is believing!" No other details were available such as price or specifications.
I found a camera case that fits the Xiaomi Mi Sphere perfectly and doubles as a lens cap! Like any 360 camera, you need to take very good care of the Xiaomi Mi Sphere's lenses. Unlike non-360 lenses, scratches will have a serious impact on the image quality of 360 lenses because of their very short focal length. The Xiaomi does include a camera case, which has a rubberized texture that seems waterproof. However, I wasn't satisfied with it for two reasons: first, it's not that thick, and doesn't seem like it will protect the Xiaomi in case you drop it. Second, every time I take the Xiaomi out of the case, I see that the lens is smeared. It seems like the rubberized texture has some kind of oil in it (perhaps to prevent it from drying out). I searched high and low for a replacement case, and finally found one that's pretty much perfect. Here is the case I found . Here is a video showing how well it works with the Xiaomi: To recap, here are the pr...
Comments
Post a Comment